Sunday, November 13, 2016

Famous Last Words: Busy Busy Busy

This semester has been incredibly busy so far, but the last week and a half have been the busiest by far.  Last Monday and Friday I had tests, Wednesday was the application deadline for a research grant through the honor's college, and I've been working all weekend!  Here pretty soon I will be going back to work for my last shift of the week, and I'm definitely looking forward t it. 

I feel bad, because this week was so incredibly busy that I didn't even have time to do any reading for this class, and thus I was unable to write a story.  I tried to squeeze it in, but I just did not have the time.  I also hate that I haven't been writing down things that have been making me happy lately, which is also due to my hectic schedule.  I really did enjoy it though, and I'm going to try to pick it back up again after this week is finally finished.  I had some awful things happen in my personal life the past two weeks, and I'm eager to put them behind me and try to start fresh next week.  I did get to end last week on a good note, though - I finally got my $4,000 scholarship I've been patiently waiting to receive for like, a year and a half!  That's a huge relief. 

I know I won't get way more extra free time after this week, but I can't wait to have a little break!  I'm really looking forward to going home for thanksgiving, and having a few days off of school.  I'm sure you all are excited for some time off too!  I actually can't believe the holidays are almost upon us... I'm kind of worried about Christmas, because being a college student, I'm basically too broke to get any of my loved ones gifts.  I'm sure they will understand, but it still sucks not being able to give as much as I want to. 

I know it's a little premature, but I hope whoever reads this has a great Thanksgiving and a happy holiday, whatever you may celebrate! 

Decorations for Erntedankfest - the German equivalent of Thanksgiving! Courtesy of wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment