Saturday, August 20, 2016

Starting the Semester

My life is constantly stressful. I'm really bad at time management, so even basic assignments tend to take me at least an hour to complete.  I procrastinate, BAD.  I don't work out regularly, or have many good outlets for my stress, so it all builds up and it's becomes pretty overwhelming... My schedule always seem so jam packed.  I wish I didn't have to work a stressful job while in school, but hey, what can ya do?
Taking all of that into consideration, I don't have many tips you'll want to follow.  I have a great GPA, but at what cost?!? Haha, but really...  I'm more looking forward to reading everyone else's tips, so maybe I can get a better handle on my upcoming semester.  Here are a few, though:
  • Use a planner
I love technology, don't get me wrong, but there is no way I could rely solely on my phone/computer/PDA (heh) for my entire schedule.  I know people do it, and hopefully it works well for them, but I've got to PHYSICALLY write things down in a planner, or I'll completely forget. Yes, even if I set a reminder on my phone... That just can't be my only way.  I actually have a planner I take to all of my classes, a wall calendar above my desk, a notepad type thing with a weekly schedule, AND a calendar connected to my hotmail that's configured to email me my daily schedule every morning.
I'm a very, very forgetful person sometimes.  Sometimes I'm just not motivated, so seeing that past Sara took the time write something down and put a bunch of stars next to it sometimes gives me the kick I need to get my stuff done.


Me, always. Credit: CollegeDegrees360 on Flickr

  • Wake up at the same time every single day
I don't even do this really, but I know I should.  I am really bad about waking up early.  I hate mornings, I hate getting ready, it just all sucks.  I have noticed that when I start waking up every morning (yes, even weekends) at the same time, it's much easier for me to get up in general.  If you're one of those people who can just hop out of bed whenever, then good for you, I'm jealous, teach me your ways; otherwise, routine is key.

This also applies to going to bed! I'm just as bad at that too though.

  • Have a support system
My tip for getting through the semester is having someone I can call when I'm having a bad day.  For me, it's my mom, but I think it could be anyone! Your friend, your sister, your SO, your neighbor? Whatever, as long as you have someone to level with sometimes.

That's all I've got.

Basically. Credit: CollegeDegrees360 on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment