Monday, October 31, 2016

Reading Notes: Alice in Wonderland Part A

I read Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll for week 11.  This is the first week I've read a single longer story as opposed to several short stories, so it was definitely a little different.  I only have one solid idea for this story so far, so that's all I'll discuss in this post.  Perhaps in my next reading notes post I will have more ideas for alternative stories.

Alice's journey is of course very curious and vivid, but what if it isn't real?  For Week 11, I'm contemplating writing a story about what was really happening while Alice was experiencing all of her wild adventures.  Hallucinations - that would make much more sense!  But what are causing these hallucinations?  Well, I'm thinking of making Alice severely ill, and her very high fevers are the culprit.  I could relate some of the things she experiences in her vivid dreams to things that are actually happening.  Perhaps Alice is with her sister when she falls ill, so it is the last "normal" thing she recalls.  When Alice imagines drinking the potions, she is really being fed medicine to help her recover.  Cheshire Cat is her own cat, who Alice even mentions at the beginning of the story.  I think there are a lot of things in this story that I could relate to being ill.

A strange interaction indeed.  Courtesy of Wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. As I have already commented on your introduction, I wanted to check out how you were writing your reading notes, in order to get some inspiration for my own!

    I have written mine in bullet style, as compared to your paragraph style. I like that your notes flow much better than mine, and I can definitely see how you can pull inspiration from these notes. I have been struggling with mine, so I’m glad I checked yours out! Cant wait to read your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually prone to bullet points and organization etc., but I've found that if I just let my thoughts flow with my reading notes, it's much easier to flow with my story too! if that makes sense! Thank you for the feedback :)

      Delete