Sunday, October 23, 2016

Tech Tip: Canvas App for iPad

I've had the canvas app installed on my iPad mini 2 for several weeks now, and it's been of great use to me so far.  I mainly use it in my "Case Studies in Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease" course for things like pulling up my submitted homework to reference during the in class assignments.  The app isn't quite as simple to use as the actual canvas website, but it has basically the same layout, so it doesn't take long to figure it out.  It was also incredibly easy to install - no different than installing any other app from the app store!

The only problem I've had with the app so far is sometimes I'm unable to see recently graded assignments that are otherwise visible on the normal website.  This is only applicable sometimes, like if an assignment is graded but still appears greyed out on the normal website (I don't know why this happens sometimes.) Otherwise, the app is wonderful to have, especially if you frequently use your iPad in class, or otherwise!


Here's a link to a video that guides you through the installation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment