Sunday, September 4, 2016

Famous Last Words: Already Falling Behind?

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with myself.  I'm already starting to "fall behind" in this class, when my intentions were to stay at least a week ahead.  It's still very early in the semester, so I don't think I'm doomed, but I'm going to have to prioritize my time better in the coming weeks.

I've been spending quite a bit of time in the research lab - my grad student is going out of the country for a couple of weeks, so she's been eager to teach me as much as she can before she leaves so that I have plenty to work on while she's gone.  For me that has meant spending twice as many days in the lab as I intended.  Though I'm enjoying everything she's teaching me, it has taken somewhat of a toll on my other classes, specifically this class.  She leaves this coming week though, and I will go back to my regular schedule, so I really hope that gives me more time to work on this class.

Besides taking 16 hours, which is the most I've EVER taken, I also need to stay ahead in school for another very exciting reason... One of my best friends is very very pregnant with her second child, and she's due basically any day now (she's already dilated to a 3!).  I want to be able to get up to Tulsa to see her and her new baby, hopefully the day she has her.  If I'm behind in my classes, I know I won't be able to make enough time to drive the 2 hours there and 2 hours back, plus several hours of visiting, so I need to get ahead for when that day comes.  I'm really excited to (possibly) have another "godchild"! I use quotes because her first child, Preston, is considered my godchild, though Andrea is not religious, so it's not technically official, mostly symbolic. Either way, I'll definitely be an honorary aunt!

Andrea's First Child, Preston, & Me! Preston is wearing the onesie I made him, hehe. Photo Credit: Andrea, taken with my iPhone; Summer of 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment