Sunday, September 11, 2016

Famous Last Words: A Crazy Week

Week 3 of school, why you gotta be so crazy?

It started off on Tuesday morning - I was sick. Not with a cold or stomach ache, but with a UTI (gross, I know).  If you've ever had one, you know how horrible they are.  And unfortunately for me, I've had a few UTIs develop into full blown pyelonephritis, or a kidney infection.  Those are not only excruciatingly painful (as one of my professors put it - comparable to childbirth), they can be dangerous as well. Luckily, it did not turn into a kidney infection, but I was definitely in some pain, and distracted by my fear of impending back pain!  It took several calls back and forth to my Dr. in Tulsa to get some labs scheduled, which was another pain to deal with.

Kidney pain is the WORST. Credit: PlacidWay Medical Tourism on Vimeo


Cut to Thursday - I'm finally feeling back to normal, and I dodged having to get antibiotics! That was a relief.  When I'm ready to get back to having a normal week, my phone screen decides to quit working! Hooray! Now I'm out of a cell phone. Normally it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the grad student in charge of my project is out of town, so we are relying on iMessage to communicate problems and questions with my project at the lab.  So that sucks. Oh, and to add to it, my best friend is due with her second child literally any day now, so I'm somewhat out of the loop with that.

Between all of that, I've had an incredibly stressful week.  I'm hoping next week will be better, and that I can focus more on school, but who knows?  Andrea will be having her baby (probably) on Tuesday, so that means I'll be making the drive up to Tulsa ASAP, which unfortunately isn't until Wednesday night.  And I still don't have a phone.

Sorry it's a bunch of complaining, but I had to get it off my chest!

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Good job using those terms we learned in MBIO 4810. We've already discussed this before, but kidney infections are terrible and very excruciating. When our professor said that they are comparable to child birth I was not really surprised because IT REALLY HURT, also all the antibiotics that get pumped into you and ingested are terrible. When I had my kidney infection I learned that I was allergic to cefalosproin antibiotics which was great on top of all the pain I was already having.

    ReplyDelete