Sunday, September 18, 2016

Famous Last Words: Let's Get Back on Track

In my previous week's Famous Last Words post, I did a lot of venting. This week, I'm creating a plan for next week, in hopes that things will finally go back to normal for me.

Monday I'll finally have a cell phone again.  It's crazy how much we rely on those things, not only for communication, but entertainment as well.  Not having a phone for the past week and a half has been somewhat nice, but also pretty stressful.  I've felt very out of the loop with friends and family, and I'm also worried I missed some important calls or texts, but I don't think there's any way for me to find out. I'll be glad to be back in the loop, and be reachable by the "general public" again.

I also hope to get back into my regular routine this coming week. Last week was crazy because in addition to not having my phone, my best friend also had her baby! It was a moment of excitement and overwhelming happiness, but that mid-week trip to Tulsa definitely threw me off my game. Now that Piper is finally here, and I was lucky enough to get to go meet her, this week I can concentrate on school, and getting back into the normal swing of things.

Although I got a late start today, I'm trying to prepare for next week by reading for all of my classes, doing some extra credit for this class, and doing some household chores (boo), like laundry and dishes. It's weird going from such a hectic two weeks to a relatively calm and somewhat boring upcoming week, but boring is good, at least for now. I had fun getting to see my friends and family, but for this week, the less excitement the better.  Now back to work!

Andrea and Piper, immediately after birth! Photo courtesy of the Sawyers family.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment